Friday 10 July 2020

Gail Assessment Day 4

Assessment after session 4
After the 4th session, I feel more confident about how to go about making the video.  I will need some time to work on it as I have not made too many videos before.  I noticed it is easy to get too involved in the process and to take too much time, for example looking for just the right picture and I can see this could also be a problem for students.  I will try to make a quick and simple video to start with to test the process and then have time to go back and either work on it further or try the global warming issue.  Managing the software is quite challenging and will need careful thought in the classroom e.g. I have a lot of photos of my own that I want to use on my laptop but the mobile app is easier to use.  It's a question of finding the best way to organise and transfer content so that you can manipulate it easily. I think this is potentially in the classroom because we have quite limited IT in the primary sector, both in terms of physical devices and time available, as well as very little IT support, so needs careful consideration.
In terms of the online learning, it's hard to collaborate well when you can't see what others can see – I'm sure this will be much easier if you had students together in a classroom.  It is easier to work confidently if you can collaborate and feel that you are doing the right thing. At this time, there are a lot of tools for online and blended learning that you could use for sharing pictures or documents, but unless you are using them all the time, you can't get everyone proficient quickly enough for a short course or session, so there are limitations. 
I'm enjoying the course and it's really nice that it is live and interactive.  I've done several online courses recently but not live and this is more fun and more motivating.

No comments:

Post a Comment